The British Grenadier




      This time the subject is the Grenadier cooking apple, not the British Grenadier that is the title of a famous piece of military music.
      This morning while out with the three Jack Russell Terriers, yes we have three, our daughter's terrier Fizz is 'holidaying with us, I was asked by the Boss to pick some fresh cooking apples so that she could make an apple cake. I'll never argue where cake is concerned so despite getting a real soaking in the waist high long wet grass I soldiered on and picked a bagful while the three terriers made a nuisance of themselves.
      Below you can see the finished cake proudly on parade. I volunteered myself to test said cake and after two slices decided it was OK for other ranks to consume.
      That's if they are lucky enough to get within striking range.





Comments

Post a Comment