A electric shade of green




      Presumably this vivid and man-made fencing is to save the dunes and marram grass being blown into the next country which I suppose would be Holland. Maybe the fence is simply there to keep people out of the dunes to let the dunes recover their former splendour although I have my suspicions. Right behind the top fence is a golf course and I reckon that the fence is there to keep people, their dogs and children off the fairways and greens as well as preventing their eighteen holes being blown into the next country.
      Can you blow holes into the next country? That's very much like asking how many holes are there in Blackburn Lancashire.
      Anyway, there were enough notices saying 'Private, keep out' to keep an invading army at bay because by the time they had read all of the notices they would have been surrounded, or bored to death.
      I wonder if it's electrified, the fence that is.




Comments